Special Interest Group Meeting : Structured & Freeform Surfaces
6th – 8th October 2020
Venue, Travel & Social Information
Special Interest Group Meeting: Structured & Freeform Surfaces
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB), Germany
6th – 8th October 2020
We are delighted to announce the venue for our Structured & Freeform Surfaces will be held at Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) which is located on the western outskirts of Braunschweig, on the road between the districts of Braunschweig-Kanzlerfeld and Braunschweig-Watenbüttel.
SeminarZentrum (Conference Centre)
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)
Upon entering PTB you must register at the Guard House (Eingangsgebäude). There you will be given a map and directed to the Conference Centre (SeminarZentrum). Map of PTB
Getting to PTB in Braunschweig
Arriving by Car
Braunschweig is conveniently located for the federal motorways: the A 2 running from east to west (Berlin-Ruhr Area) and the A 39 going from north to south (Braunschweig-Salzgitter).
- Coming from Dortmund (A 2 eastbound): Exit the motorway at the “Braunschweig-Watenbüttel” exit. Turn right, following the signs towards Braunschweig. In Watenbüttel, turn right at the second set of traffic lights. After approx. 2 km, you will see PTB‘s entrance on your left.
- Coming from Berlin (A 2 westbound): At the interchange “Braunschweig-Nord”, take the A 391 towards Kassel. Exit the motorway at “Braunschweig-Lehndorf”. Then turn right and follow the road for approx. 3 km. When you reach the edge of the district of Braunschweig-Kanzlerfeld, turn right onto Bundesallee. After approx. 2 km, you will see PTB on your right.
- Coming from Kassel (A 7 northbound) and Salzgitter (A 39 northbound): Coming from Kassel, take the A 39 towards Berlin/Braunschweig at the “Salzgitter” interchange. Change onto the A 391 at the “Braunschweig-Südwest” interchange. Exit the motorway at “Braunschweig-Leh- ndorf”. Turn left going towards “Lehndorf” and stay on this road for approx. 3 km. When you reach the edge of the district of Braunschweig-Kanzlerfeld, turn right onto Bundesallee. After approx. 2 km, you will see PTB on your right.
Arriving by Plane
Hannover Airport (HAJ)
From Hannover Airport, go to Hannover Central Station (Hannover Hauptbahnhof) for example, by S-Bahn (com- muter train). Continue your journey by train to Braunschweig (ICE, IC and RE train connections).
Connections from Hannover Airport
- Train connections about 1 hour (1 change). Connections can be found at www.bahn.de
- Shuttle service “airport hopper” Tel: +49 (0) 531 61 21 21 www.airporthopper.de
Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL) or Berlin-Schönefeld Airport (SXF)
From Berlin-Tegel Airport or Berlin-Schönefeld Airport, go to Berlin Central Railway Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) (e.g. by bus or train). Continue your journey by train to Braunschweig (ICE, IC and RE train connections).
Connections from Berlin-Schönefeld Airpor (SXF)
- Train connection approx. 2 hours (1 change). Connections can be found at www.bahn.de
Arriving by Train/Long-distance bus
The long-distance bus station is located right next to Braunschweig Hauptbahnhof Central Station, where ICE trains stop.
Connections from Braunschweig Hauptbahnhof Central Station station to PTB:
- Taxi from outside the front of the station. This takes approx. 15 minutes.
- Busline 461 (direct connection) to “Lehndorf-PTB”. This takes approx. 30 minutes and departs every 30 minutes from in front of the station.
Public Transport in Braunschweig
Braunschweig Central Station (Braunschweig Hauptbahnhof), local bus stop A. Take bus number 461 to “PTB”. Get off bus at the last stop “PTB”. The bus stop is located right in front of the main entrance to PTB.
CAUTION: As the PTB site is very large, you should plan enough time for walking to your final destination.
Accommodation in Braunschweig
Delegates may wish to use www.booking.com when sourcing a hotel. Please note delegates are responsible for their own accommodation bookings. Please read the cancellation policy carefully before you book.
|Accommodation Name||Website||Address||Tel No|
|Frühlings-Hotel||www.fruehlingshotel.de||Bankplatz 7, 38100 Braunschweig||+49 (0) 531-243 email@example.com|
|B&B Hotel Braunschweig-City||www.hotelbb.de||Frankfurter Straße 289, 38122 Braunschweig||+49 (0) 531-886 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mercure Hotel Atrium||www.mercure.com||Berliner Platz 3, 38102 Braunschweig||+49 (0) 531-700 80||H0871@accor.com|
|Best Western StadtPalais Hotel||book.bestwestern.com||Hinter Liebfrauen 1A, 38100 Braunschweig||+49 (0) email@example.com|
|FourSide Hotel||www.fourside-hotels.com||Jöddenstraße 3, 38100 Braunschweig||+49 (0) 531-70 72 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Centro Hotel Celler Tor||www.centro-hotels.de||Ernst-Amme Straße 24, 38114 Braunschweig||+49 (0) 531-590 50|
|Hotel Am Wollmarkt||www.hotelamwollmarkt.de||Am Wollmarkt 9-12, 38100 Braunschweig||+49 (0) 531-244 email@example.com|
|Hotel Fürstenhof||www.hotel-fuerstenhof.de||Campestraße 12, 38102 Braunschweig||+49 (0) 531-707 firstname.lastname@example.org|
For PTB guest house, enquiries please email: email@example.com
Braunschweig visitors can find further information at: www.braunschweig.de
Please note euspen does not endorse any hotel and is not responsible for any bookings made. Please read the cancellation policy carefully before you book.
The evening ‘networking dinner‘ will be held at Al Duomo restaurant which is picturesquely located in the centre of Braunschweig on Burgplatz, surrounded by the fortress of Henry the Lion, the Vieweghaus and other wonderful half-timbered buildings.
Address: Al Duomo, Ruhfäutchenpl. 1, 38100 Braunschweig, Germany